Year Released: 1995
Dimensions: 28" W x 56" D x 77" H
Weight: 250 lbs
Theatre of Magic is a pinball machine produced by Midway (under the Bally brand name).
Main mission is to get to the “Grand Finale” by finishing:
• Theatre: The easiest sub-mission, simply complete “T-H-E-A-T-R-E” (which also lights Theatre Hurry Up) by shooting the left loop.
• Multiball: Collect Theatre Multiball (to light the locks in the inner loop, shoot the ramps to complete “M-A-G-I-C”).
• Midnight: Advance the clock to Midnight (shoot right loop).
• Illusions: The hardest of the four goals. Shoot the trunk to light one of the following missions. Start them all to finish this sub-mission. Tiger Saw Hit the Captive Ball for various animations of a tiger using the saw on different items.
- Levitating Woman Shoot the Center Ramp to score (11 million, increasing by one million each time).
- Trunk Escape Shoot the Magic Trunk for four times to break the chains of a locked trunk.
- Spirit Cards Shoot the Inner Loops/Spinner to award increasing points (500,000 per spin, increases by 250,000 each time the loop is shot).
- Safe Escape Shoot the Inner Loops to unlock the safe.
- Metamorphosis Shoot the Right Ramp to transform the assistant to various animals (12 million, increasing by four million each time).
- Strait Jacket Escape the strait jacket as spikes are closing in. Hit the jet bumpers to push the hand closer to the freeing buckle (6 million per bumper, 60 million to finish it).
- Hat Magic Shoot the trunk for different things being pulled out of the hat.
The game uses the DCS Sound System. refurbished Theatre of Magic is a pinball machine for sale is also available
Rotating trunk with magnet, Tiger Saw Multiball (2), Trunk Multiball (3), Trunk Multiball w/Vanish Lock (4), Magna save (2), Levitating ball. The magic trunk on the playfield, levitates ball (with magnet) and makes it “disappear” to start multi-ball. The “Spirit Ring”, a round magnet which grabs the ball from the left ramp and releases it to the ramp across the playfield. Upper rollovers are hidden from player’s view by the ramps, but can be seen with a mirror on the back panel.